One’s a sensor and the other’s an intuitor.
…but I imagine you wanted a more substantial response than that.
ISTJ cognitive functions: Si-Te-Fi-Ne
INTJ cognitive functions: Ni-Te-Fi-Se
As you can see, our secondary and tertiary functions are the same, while our primary and auxiliary are flip-flopped from N to S or S to N.
We can both be very clinical types, somewhat reserved. The major difference is, of course, our primary function: Si vs Ni. While the INTJ thinks in relation to the future (‘what is possible if I do this?’), the ISTJ thinks in relation to the past (‘what has happened before when I did this?’). The ISTJ believes in concrete results and trusts prior experience, while the INTJ is more willing to try new and untested approaches if they have promise. The INTJ is innovative where the ISTJ is traditional. The INTJ will also be more interested in the big picture, while the ISTJ will take interest in the details.
A more developed ISTJ can use their Ne to consider those ‘what-ifs’ that come so naturally to INTJs, and developed INTJs can use their Se to see the details that are easily seen by ISTJs.34 notes · #intj #istj #mbti #Anonymous
- ayanamies likes this
- thuphanh likes this
- engkirkland likes this
- cleaning-heichou likes this
- andiburn likes this
- haruizulou reblogged this from intj-explained
- streeptease likes this
- scurraa likes this
- undinalsongs likes this
- shairadraper likes this
- strawberrie-blood likes this
- true-awesomeness likes this
- breesays likes this
- ekahre likes this
- minigeist said: Very nifty post, as I am an INTJ and I know a pair of twins who both tested as ISTJ’s.
- minigeist reblogged this from intj-explained
- minigeist likes this
- theanomalousn reblogged this from intj-explained
- edgeofnight16 likes this
- eyebrowluver23 reblogged this from intj-explained
- eyebrowluver23 likes this
- castingpatronuses likes this
- akohk likes this
- jacklovesfall likes this
- intj-paradigm likes this
- arthw7 likes this
- space-romeo reblogged this from intj-explained
- anotherrunaroundthesun reblogged this from intj-explained and added:
- anotherrunaroundthesun likes this
- risetti reblogged this from intj-explained
- convergingrevelations likes this
- always-in-noctem likes this
- vhuyv-nruurn likes this
- intj-explained posted this